CAST operates under a studio theatre philosophy – this means each show is developed under a workshop atmosphere and evolves from the first reading through closing night. Emphasis is placed on table work in the early stages, followed by homework and research throughout the run.
Actors applying for roles should be thoroughly familiar with the script and the character they are reading for.
CAST employs a long rehearsal period to allow for casting, research, and sufficient rehearsal hours for thorough exploration.
- CASTING accomplished from between 14 and 16 weeks out if not earlier.
- FIRST READ THROUGHS scheduled for 12 weeks out.
- SUBSEQUENT TABLE WORK in the weeks to follow.
- ACTORS ON THEIR FEET at 8 weeks out.
- ACTORS OFF BOOK at 4 weeks out.
- ALL PERFORMANCES SHOW READY ONE WEEK PRIOR TO OPENING.
- Call times are 90 minutes prior to curtain.
- Actors are required to avail themselves for a post show “meet and greet” immediately after curtain call.
- Perusal scripts are often available upon request for a nominal fee reimbursable upon return.
- All roles are compensated.